Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Pretty Covers, Great Read

I've just finished I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith.
  
It's an innocent, funny, smart love/coming of age story, for Valentine's Day (or whenever!)

In some great covers...


.
amazon
My favorite cover- Cool blue, warm re(a)d:); perfect font!


amazon
This was the version I had (from the local library).
The "wallpaper" background - is so pretty - very '30's.

Cassandra is a character you will miss when you're done reading...

"Topaz says that if they don't find anything she will get bare branches and tie something amusing to them - if so, I bet it won't amuse me; one would think that a girl who appreciates nudity as Topaz does would let a bare branch stay bare."
-Cassandra in I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith

Have you read I Capture...or other works by Dodie Smith?  

(Enjoy your day!)

1 comment:

Would love to hear from you...!