Saturday, February 12, 2011

Board & Batten

  
One thing I vowed silently to myself when beginning this blog:  

Stop WISHING I loved my house and BEGIN to make changes (or at least attempt them!)   Not that I have zero DIY experience, I had just given up on the projects I used to love to do! 

Here is a view from our living room to the teeny tiny entry I've mentioned before.

We've since done the following:  (And I mean the "Royal We" Me, Myself and My Handy Royal Husband - as I'm not ENTIRELY trusted with the nail gun, saws, drills - any of HRH's tools!)

1.  Taken out the window!  
That was such a "Duh-Aha!" moment!  The window was part of an (former) outside wall on our old house - and was really getting on my nerves!  I managed this demo all on my own - thankyouverymuch!  :)

2.  Ripped off the (stick-on!) mop board.   (We were SO not staying for long!)


3.  Added board and batten.


4.  Filled, sanded, primed and painted. 

(I'm allowed to use the sander without supervision. :)

I used the whole tub!

Love you brad nailer.

We used 2 -1/2 of these.




"Before"
After, so far!

HRH's comment on the after:
"It's really going to 'be the pits' taking that down when you change your mind!"  Thank you, honey!  :)

A little more trim, some accessories and possibly a bit a color in the way of (more!) paint is on the agenda.

Enjoy your day!  Stay Tuned!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Looks great, I love batten and board. I want to try it again...Hubby's nail gun looks professional....you should see mine, its a wimpy blue one. I used it on the project I'm working on right now! You should link this up over at "At the Picket Fence" they have an ispirational friday linky party!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you...!