Monday, January 16, 2012

Plenty

I love the idea of picking a word of the year!
Resolutions can be long and cumbersome - one word is direct and to the point! 
When Layla posted her Word of the Year Link Party idea during the first week of January, 
it seemed like the perfect time to share what I'll be thinking 'a plenty about this year.

noun   1.  a full or abundant supply or amount: There is plenty of time.  
2.  the state or quality of being plentifulabundance: resources in plenty.

I'm the worrier of the family.   (You too?)  

Are there enough eggs, what about the milk and bread? 
So often the answer to "Do we have enough...?" is "Yes! There is PLENTY!" 
When the pantry seems empty, a determination to "make something"
 materializes in a plentiful meal.  

And we realize, there was plenty all along.  


2.  the state or quality of being plentiful abundance: resources in plenty.


Sometimes, though, my list-making for groceries, or "To-DO's," turns into an examination of whether I am really  "enough":
Do I have enough time to take care of me, and my loved ones?
Do I have anything to say or share that's worthwhile?
Do I have enough faith in my dreams?
Do I have enough courage to move toward my dreams? 

Throughout the centuries there were men who took first steps, 
down new roads, armed with nothing but their own vision.   
-Ayn Rand


This year I want to remember to:
guard my thoughts; 
believe in my vision; 
take care & 
be positive & grateful.




3. an abundance, as of goods or luxuries, or a time of such abundance: 
the plenty of rich harvest; the plenty that comes with peace.


Which really means:  
Lighten up!  Don't over-think it! 
Focus on your dreams, girl!  
Keep your heart light!  
adverb: Informalfully; quite: plenty good enough.

You have PLENTY!  
You ARE PLENTY.
(That goes for YOU, too!)


The Lettered Cottage

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic word choice! We really do have plenty of everything when we think about it, don't we? Thanks for weighing in my question today too. I appreciated your thoughtful comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great word for the year! I hope you'll find yourself with plenty!!!

    I wrote about my own word of the year on my blog if you wish to read about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your word!-I am your newest follower from Layla's party-Stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you...!